Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Mushroom Garlic Burgers

I bought a pound of 90/10 grass-fed hamburger at Willy Street a few days ago. Really didn’t have a plan for it at the time. But, needing to use up some mushrooms, these burgers were AMAZING.
  •  1 medium glove of garlic, pressed or minced
  • 6 (more or less) button mushroom caps
  • GF soy sauce to taste
  • 2 tablespoons GF bread crumbs (Glutinos is what I use)
  • season salt (mine is Tastefully Simple)
  • 1 lb 90/10 grass-fed hamburger


Taking the garlic and mushroom caps, I pulsed them on my food processor. Then, I added the soy sauce, bread crumbs and season salt. Adding this mixture to the hamburger, I kneaded all the ingredients together.

Onto the grill they went, to medium-rare perfection.

They were wonderful! I totally made this one up as I went, so I’m happy at how well they turned out. They were a great compliment to the grilled asparagus with lemon. Some swiss and a hamburger bun would have been nice, but certainly not necessary. In hindsight, I would have added onion to the mix, but maybe next time. J

Dessert was a few bites of the amazing rhubarb  sauce I got from the market this past Saturday.

Ciao for Now!

Micha

1 comment:

  1. Wow that looks really yummy. I'm going to substitute the hamburger for lentils...

    ReplyDelete