Saturday, February 26, 2011

Holy Potatoes!

I had a hankerin (yes a hankerin) for spicy potatoes. So I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com. Such a nice feeling to actually have all the ingredients w/o having to go to the store! I seriously enjoyed these babies, alongside a salmon patty from Trader Joes. Needless to say, my apartment is very, er, aromatic right now. J

 

Roasted Cajun Potatoes

 

2 pounds medium red potatoes

3 tablespoons olive oil

2 shallots, chopped

1 garlic clove, minced

¾ tsp salt

½ tsp paprika

½ tsp cayenne pepper

½ tsp pepper

Optional: 1 ½ tbs minced fresh parsley

 

Cut potatoes in to eight wedges (I used baby red potatoes and cut them into 1/4’s). In a large bowl, combine the oil, shallots, garlic, paprika, cayenne and pepper; add potatoes and toss to coat. Place in greased roasting pan (I used a pyrex 9x13 non-greased – there’s a LOT of olive oil in there already).

 

Bake, uncovered at 450 degrees F for 45-50 min or until tender and golden brown. Turn every 15 min – very important! Sprinkle with parsley.

 

Very very tasty.

 

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment